Usually, in a waste water treatment plant, the end effluent resulting from the treatment can be disposed of in surface water. During primary treatment, ozone can be directly injected into the tubs used before secondary treatment, to:
- Correct the BOD and COD levels
- Eliminate odors
- Oxidize organic compounds containing heavy metals, phenylene, detergents, pesticides, nitrites, etc;
- Oxidize inorganic compounds, cyanides, sulfites, nitrates, etc.;
- Reduce aromatic or heteroaromatic compounds
- Oxidize the various chemical elements, iron, manganese, etc.